Purpose and intention of Mentorship Manager:
Mentorship Manager is not a product of the Behavior Analyst Certification Board. IBT developed Mentorship Manager with a team of programmers and BCBAs. Mentorship Manager was developed to assist Mentors and Mentees in the process of BACB Supervision. Mentorship Manager was developed based on IBT’s interpretation of the BACB’s task lists, guidelines, and comments presented in the newsletters and is updated regularly based on those same factors. IBT will continue to maintain Mentorship Manager and will continue to provide updates, modifications, and changes to the system based on IBT’s interpretation of the BACB’s updated guidelines, codes, and rules. Mentorship Manager is only intended to be a tool for Mentors and Mentees to use as they navigate BACB Supervision. Mentorship Manager is not intended to be a substitute or replacement for any of the BACB guidelines, codes, rules, calculations, etc. All Mentorship Manager users are encouraged to confer with the BACB if they have any questions or concerns. The BACB is not responsible for and does not take responsibility over any information presented in the Mentorship Manager application. Any questions or concerns regarding Mentorship Manager’s content should be directed to IBT only.
The IBT team develops graphs, graphics, charts, forms, reminders, schedules and other prompts to support users in Mentorship Manager. Although IBT’s intention is always to provide users with appropriate support, it is important to note that the code that supports these prompts could be flawed. Any flaws, errors, or bugs that IBT locates in Mentorship Manager will be addressed immediately.
• Users should be personally aware of all BACB updates, changes, and alterations to codes, rules, task lists, and time periods.
• Users should not rely solely on IBT’s interpretation of BACB material
• Users should assume full responsibility when using this product to augment their supervision experience.
• Users that are Supervisors should understand that Mentorship Manager is only a tool to assist them; Mentorship Manager is not a replacement for any of the responsibilities that the BACB sets forth for Supervisors
• Users that are candidates should understand that Mentorship Manager is only a tool to assist them; Mentorship Manager is not a replacement for any of the requirements that the BACB sets forth for candidates